GROUP FITNESS POLICIES
For updated notices on class cancellations, please call Beede Center
Fitness Class Policies
User Cancellations and Class Changes
- A $25 cancellation/change fee will be charged for registrations that have already been processed.
- Fees may be waived with a doctor’s note, and this must be submitted to the Assistant Recreation Director during the session in which you can no longer participate.
- If a note is provided, the participant will receive a prorated refund with no cancellation fee.
- If a note is not provided, the participant will received a prorated refund, less the $25 cancellation fee.
Weather Related Cancellations
Concord Recreation Group Fitness follows Concord Public School’s judgement in delaying or cancelling programs. If Concord Public School’s delay the start of school, the start of group fitness classes will also be delayed for the same amount of time. For this purpose, 7:30 AM will be considered the regular "start of day" for Group Exercise classes.
- If Concord Public School’s delay the start of school for any amount of time, classes that start prior to 7:30AM will be cancelled.
- If Concord Public Schools are delayed one hour, Concord Recreation Group Fitness Classes will resume with those that typically start at 8:30AM on. Classes scheduled to start prior to 8:30AM will be cancelled.
- If Concord Public Schools are delayed for two hours, Concord Recreation Group Fitness Classes will resume with those that typically start at 9:30AM on. Classes scheduled to start prior to 9:30AM will be cancelled.
- If Concord Public Schools are closed for the day, Group Fitness classes will also be cancelled for the day.
- If Concord Public Schools have an early release from school, Concord Recreation Group Fitness Classes will be cancelled from that time on as well.
- Refunds will not be given for unforeseen cancellations including weather, power outages, and special elections. In place of a refund, participants will be expected to make up the class within that session.
If you still have questions, please call the Beede Center at 978-287-1000 for updated cancellation information.
- Fees will only be prorated when a participants joins a class that has already started.
- Pro-rated fees do not apply, for example, to refund a person who will be on vacation for 3 weeks in the middle of a session and wants to pay a prorated before the class starts.
Drop In Fees
- All classes are open for drop-in participation.
- Drop in rates for all hour long classes are $15 and that fee must be paid on the day of the program by cash or check.
- Drop in rates for all ½ hour long classes are $8
- Space limitations may be a factor in some classes. Priority will be given to registered participants.
- If a participant misses a class, make ups are allowed in a similar class that is not full.
- Make-ups must be completed within the session in which you are registered as they will not carry over to other sessions.